Opinions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council on Deepening Reform and Strengthening Food Safety Work
Food safety is related to the health and safety of the people and the future of the Chinese nation. The report of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China clearly put forward the implementation of food safety strategy, so that people can eat with confidence. This is a major arrangement made by the CPC Central Committee for food safety work, focusing on the overall situation of the party and the country, and a major task for decisively building a moderately prosperous society in an all-round way and building a modern socialist country in an all-round way. The following opinions are hereby offered on deepening the reform and strengthening the food safety work.
1. Deeply understand the situation facing food safety
Since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, the CPC Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping as the core has adhered to the people-centered development philosophy, and has placed food safety work in the "China Dream" from the strategic height of the overall development of the party and the country and the realization of the Chinese dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. Overall planning and deployment in the five-in-one” overall layout and the “four comprehensive” strategic layout, and a series of major measures have been taken in terms of systems and mechanisms, laws and regulations, industrial planning, and supervision and management. All regions and departments conscientiously implement the decisions and arrangements of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, the food industry has developed rapidly, the safety standard system has been gradually improved, the inspection and testing capabilities have been continuously improved, the whole process supervision system has been basically established, major food safety risks have been controlled, and the people's food safety has been guaranteed. , the food safety situation continues to improve.
However, my country's food safety work still faces many difficulties and challenges, and the situation is still complex and severe. Microbial and heavy metal pollution, excessive residues of pesticides and veterinary drugs, non-standard use of additives, and counterfeiting and selling have occurred from time to time. The impact of environmental pollution on food safety has gradually emerged; Those who seek profit-seeking, lack a strong sense of subject responsibility; the potential risks of new business formats and new resources are increasing, and the food safety problems brought about by international trade are deepening; The grassroots supervision and technical means cannot keep up; some places do not pay enough attention to food safety, the responsibility is not in place, and the contradiction between safety and development is still prominent. These problems have affected the people's sense of gain, happiness, and security, and have become obvious shortcomings in building a moderately prosperous society in an all-round way and building a modern socialist country in an all-round way.
The people's ever-growing needs for a better life have put forward new and higher requirements for strengthening food safety; promoting the modernization of the country's governance system and governance capacity, promoting high-quality development, and implementing the Healthy China Strategy and the Rural Revitalization Strategy have provided solutions for food safety issues. Unprecedented historical opportunity. We must deepen reform and innovation, and use the most rigorous standards, the strictest supervision, the most severe punishments, and the most serious accountability to further strengthen food safety work to ensure the "safety on the tip of the tongue" of the people.
2. General requirements
(1) Guiding ideology. Guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and the Second and Third Plenary Sessions of the 19th Central Committee, uphold and strengthen the Party's overall leadership, adhere to the people-centered development philosophy, and focus on Coordinate the promotion of the "five-in-one" overall layout and the coordinated promotion of the "four comprehensive" strategic layout, adhere to the general tone of seeking progress while maintaining stability, adhere to the new development concept, follow the "four strictest" requirements, and establish a modern food safety governance system, Improve the ability to supervise the whole process from farmland to dining table, improve the quality and safety assurance level of the whole food chain, and enhance the sense of gain, happiness and security of the people, in order to achieve the "two centenary" goals and the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation. The Chinese Dream has laid a solid foundation.
(2) Basic principles
——Insist on safety first. Put the food safety of the people in the first place, stick to the bottom line of safety, correctly handle the relationship between safety and development, promote the development of one side, and ensure the safety of the other side.
——Insist on problem orientation. With the goal of maintaining and promoting public health, starting from solving the outstanding problems that the people are generally concerned about, addressing both the symptoms and the symptoms, and comprehensively implementing policies, we will continuously enhance the people's sense of security and satisfaction.
——Adhere to prevention first. Firmly establish risk prevention awareness, strengthen risk monitoring, risk assessment and supply chain management, and improve risk discovery and disposal capabilities. Adhere to both "production" and "management", implement the main responsibility of producers and operators, and minimize insecurity risks.
——Adhere to legal supervision. Strengthen the concept of the rule of law, improve the legal system and standard system, stress the code and control chaos, increase inspection and law enforcement, severely punish illegal and criminal acts in accordance with the law, and strictly control every line of defense from farmland to dining table.
——Insist on reform and innovation. Deepen the reform of the regulatory system and mechanism, innovate regulatory concepts and methods, plug loopholes, make up for shortcomings, and promote the modernization of the national governance system and governance capacity in the field of food safety.
——Insist on co-governance and sharing. Producers and operators consciously perform their main responsibilities, government departments strengthen supervision in accordance with the law, and the public actively participates in social supervision.
(3) Overall goal
By 2020, a food safety supervision system based on risk analysis and supply chain management will be initially established. The number of sampling inspections of agricultural products and food reached 4 batches per thousand people, the overall pass rate of quality and safety monitoring of main agricultural products was stable at over 97%, and the pass rate of food sampling inspection was stable at over 98%, and regional and systemic major food safety risks were basically controlled. The public's sense of security and satisfaction with food safety has been further improved, and the overall level of food safety is basically in line with the goal of building a moderately prosperous society in an all-round way.
By 2035, basically realize the modernization of the national governance system and governance capacity in the field of food safety. The level of food safety standards has entered the forefront of the world, the environmental pollution of production areas has been effectively controlled, the awareness of responsibility, integrity and food quality and safety management of producers and operators has been significantly improved, and the economic interests-driven food safety violations and crimes have been significantly reduced. The ability to manage and control food safety risks has reached the international advanced level, and the supervision system for the whole process from farmland to dining table is operating effectively. The food safety situation has fundamentally improved, and the people can eat healthily and with confidence.
3. Establish the most rigorous standards
(4) Speed up the formulation and revision of standards. Based on national conditions and international connections, speed up the formulation and revision of general food safety standards for pesticide residues, veterinary drug residues, heavy metals, food contaminants, and pathogenic microorganisms. In line. Accelerate the formulation and revision of basic food safety standards, product standards, and supporting inspection method standards that are urgently needed for industrial development and supervision. Improve the formulation of standards for food additives and food-related products. Timely revision and improvement of standards such as food labels.
(5) Innovate the standard working mechanism. Learn from and transform international food safety standards, simplify and optimize the process of formulation and revision of national food safety standards, and speed up the progress of formulation and revision. Improve the mechanism for setting temporary limits for harmful substances in food. Establish a public commitment system for enterprise standards, improve supporting management systems, and encourage enterprises to formulate and implement enterprise standards that are stricter than national or local standards. Support all parties to participate in the formulation and revision of national food safety standards, actively participate in the formulation of international Codex standards, and actively participate in the assessment, analysis and management decision-making of emerging international hazards.
(6) Strengthen the implementation of standards. Strengthen the interpretation, publicity, implementation and training of food safety standards, urge food producers and operators to accurately understand and apply food safety standards, and maintain the mandatory nature of food safety standards. Track and evaluate the use of food safety standards, and give full play to the basic role of food safety standards in ensuring food safety and promoting industrial development.
4. Implement the strictest supervision
(7) Strictly control the environmental safety of the production area. We will implement major projects for the improvement and protection of the cultivated land soil environment. Strengthen the control and restoration of soil pollution, and carry out risk investigation and rectification of soil contaminated by heavy metal industries in key areas. Strengthen the control of air pollution and increase the control of volatile organic compounds in key industries. Strengthen the prevention and control of water pollution in the basin.
(8) Strictly control the production and use of agricultural inputs. Strictly implement regulations on the production and use of agricultural inputs such as pesticides, veterinary drugs, and feed additives, strictly prohibit the use of agricultural inputs that are explicitly prohibited by the state, and strictly implement the system of fixed-point operation and real-name purchase. Gradually expand the prohibited scope of highly toxic pesticides to all edible agricultural products. Implement the agricultural production and operation record system and the agricultural input use record system, instruct farmers to strictly implement the relevant regulations on the safe interval of pesticides and the withdrawal period of veterinary drugs, and prevent the residues of pesticides and veterinary drugs from exceeding the standard.
(9) Strictly control the quality and safety of grain purchase and storage. Do a good job in the management of the qualification review of grain purchasing enterprises, urge enterprises to strictly implement the entry and exit (warehouse) and inventory quality inspection systems, actively explore the establishment of a quality traceability system, strengthen the building of drying, storage, inspection and monitoring capabilities, and provide farmers with grain drying and storage services , to prevent mildew deterioration and damage. Improve the long-term mechanism for the purchase and disposal of excessive grain, promote the harmless treatment and rational use of resources, and strictly prohibit the flow of grain that does not meet food safety standards into the grain market and food production enterprises.
(10) Strictly control the quality and safety of food processing. Implement grading management of food safety risks in production enterprises. On the basis of full coverage of daily supervision and inspection, implement proportional "double random" random inspections on general risk enterprises, implement key inspections on high-risk enterprises, conduct unannounced inspections on enterprises with clues to problems, and urge enterprises to produce The process continues to be compliant. Strengthen the supervision of special food such as health food. Gradually expand the system inspection from infant formula milk powder to high-risk bulk consumer food, and focus on solving problems such as non-compliance in the production process, illegal addition, and excessive use of food additives.
(11) Strictly control the quality and safety of circulation and sales. Establish a cold chain distribution system covering the entire chain of base storage, logistics distribution, market wholesale, and sales terminals, strictly implement the temperature control standards and specifications for the whole process, implement the responsibility for food transportation supervision in transit, and encourage the use of temperature control labels to prevent food from cooling and spoiling. Urge enterprises to strictly implement the purchase inspection record system and shelf life labeling and other regulations, and strictly investigate the refurbished sales of expired and expired food. Strictly implement the inspection and quarantine system for livestock and poultry slaughtering. Strengthen the supervision of the centralized food trading market, and strengthen the connection between the origin of agricultural products and market access.
(12) Strictly control the quality and safety of catering services. Fully implement the food safety operation standards for catering services, and strictly implement regulations such as purchase inspection, processing operations, cleaning and disinfection, and personnel management. Collective dining units must establish stable food supply channels and traceability records to ensure that purchased raw materials meet food safety standards. Strictly implement the responsibility of the online ordering platform, ensure that online and offline catering are of the same standard and quality, and ensure the quality and safety of disposable tableware products. All catering units that provide online ordering services must have the qualification to operate a physical store.
5. Implement the most severe punishment
(13) Improve laws and regulations. Study and revise the Food Safety Law and its supporting laws and regulations, revise and improve the provisions on crimes endangering food safety and penalties in the Criminal Law, speed up the revision of the Law on the Quality and Safety of Agricultural Products, study and formulate the Food Safety Guarantee Law, and promote the retrospective incorporation of agricultural products into the law. Accelerate the improvement of judicial interpretations for handling criminal cases endangering food safety, and promote the "direct punishment" of the production and sale of counterfeit products that endanger food safety. Promote the establishment of a food safety forensic identification system, clarifying the rules for evidence connection, the cooperation mechanism for the inspection, identification and disposal of food involved, the time limit and fees for inspection and identification. Accelerate the improvement of judicial interpretations for food safety civil disputes, and seriously investigate the civil compensation liability of intentional violators in accordance with the law.
(14) Severely crack down on illegal and criminal activities. Implement the requirement of "punishment to the person", and comprehensively use various legal means to impose severe penalties on illegal enterprises, their legal representatives, actual controllers, principals and other directly responsible supervisors and other directly responsible personnel, greatly increasing the cost of violations , implement a ban on employment in the food industry and a lifetime ban, and impose severe and heavier penalties on repeat offenders. Severely crack down on criminal offenses, and impose heavier penalties in accordance with the law on criminal cases that endanger food safety with serious circumstances and bad influence. Strengthen the connection between administrative law enforcement and criminal justice. If an administrative law enforcement agency discovers a suspected crime and needs to be investigated for criminal responsibility according to law, it shall promptly transfer it to the public security organ in accordance with the relevant provisions on the connection between executions and the procuratorial organ; Actively improve food safety civil and administrative public interest litigation, do a good job in the connection and cooperation with civil and administrative litigation, and explore the establishment of a punitive compensation system for food safety civil public interest litigation.
(15) Strengthen grass-roots comprehensive law enforcement. Deepen the reform of comprehensive law enforcement, strengthen grass-roots comprehensive law enforcement teams and capacity building, and ensure that there are sufficient resources to perform food safety supervision duties. County-level market supervision departments and their dispatched offices in townships (sub-districts) should take food safety as their primary responsibility, and focus law enforcement forces on front-line positions, improve work procedures, and improve law enforcement efficiency. Agricultural comprehensive law enforcement should take ensuring the quality and safety of agricultural products as a key task. Strengthen law enforcement forces and equipment to ensure that law enforcement supervision is in place. The departments of public security, agriculture and rural affairs, and market supervision should implement the system of joint supervision of major cases, and in accordance with relevant state regulations, commend and reward units and individuals who have made outstanding contributions.
(16) Strengthen joint punishment for credit. Promote the establishment of a credit system for food industry enterprises. Establish a national unified credit file of food production and operation enterprises and incorporate them into the national credit information sharing platform and the national enterprise credit information publicity system. Implement the credit classification and classification management of food production and operation enterprises. Further improve the identification mechanism for the list of seriously dishonest persons in food safety, and increase joint disciplinary action against dishonest persons.